10km River Swim
Date(s) and Times
Sunday, 7th June 2020
Start Times on the day from 09:00
Royal Windsor Racecourse
Maidenhead Road Windsor
Conveniently located 1.5 miles from Windsor town centre the racecourse is easily accessible and well signposted from junction 6 on the M4 and junction 3 on the M3. If using sat-nav please use the postcode SL4 5EZ
Entry - £85
£85 until the end of January 2020 £90 from 1st February 2020
Jubilee River Swim 2020
ENTRIES NOW OPEN FOR THE 2020 JUBILEE RIVER SWIM!
The Jubilee River Swim was dreamt up in a pub in 2011, and has since become one of the countries favourite swims. The man made flood relief channel between Boulters Lock nr Maidenhead and Pococks Lane in Eton is free from craft and is a convenient length at 10km! There are three weirs along the rivers length that break up the swim nicely, and you'll find our feed stations here. Please note - this is a solo swim event, there is no relay option.
Again for 2020, swim registration and pre-event car parking will be at the fabulous Royal Windsor Racecourse.
Swimmers will be transported to the swim start area, about a 20 minute drive away in Taplow. It's a 400m walk to the start line, where you can leave your swim bags (you receive these at swim registration on the morning), and we'll transport your kit to the finish village. This a short stroll from the finish line in Eton. Here you'll also find changing facilities, toilets, refreshments and your shuttle buses back to Royal Windsor Racecourse. Once back at the racecourse there'll be further changing facilities, showers and your cars.
SWIM TIME & GROUPS
We will most likely have four starting waves, all based upon predicted times as provided when you enter the swim. The swim groups will be starting at 09:00, 09:30, 10:00 & 10:30.
If you would like to be in the same starting wave as friends, we will do our best to accommodate this for you dependent on your predicted swim times. In order to allow the organising team to confirm event plans in good time, please do so by April 30th latest.
Please note swim cut-off time is 5 hours and 30 minutes and whilst we will do our best to accommodate swimmers who are close to this time, we reserve the right to request someone to exit the river if required.
WATER TEMPERATURE & WETSUITS
Over the previous 8 years of the Jubilee Swim we have seen temperatures range from 14.4 to 17.8 degrees. The swim isn't wetsuit compulsory, and you will select to be a wetsuit or skins swimmer within the entry form.
OTHER SWIM INFO
- We have plenty of water safety staff and medical staff with each swim group
- The swim is chip timed, will all split times live to the internet
- Transport is provided for swimmers, with an additional £5 charge to spectators as space allows. You can book these whilst entering the event or you can login to the entry portal (don't delete your entry confirmation email) and add tickets anytime whilst availability allows.
- We suggest spectators follow the action by walking the towpath next to the swimmers.
- Feed stations will be at each weir and the finish. These will offer bananas, flapjacks etc along with water, cola, hand sanitiser, blankets/ towels. You have the option of having your own fuel taken to each feed station - just leave this at swim registration on the morning.
- Awesome medal to all swimmers
- Registration on the morning will be from 07:00
- We do not offer refunds or deferrals on entries at all. Once you have entered, that is it. If you enter the swim, and are then unable to take part, you can transfer your place to somebody else, this must be done by April 30th 2020.
2019 JUBILEE RIVER SWIM - COMPETITOR INSTRUCTIONS
2019 JUBILEE RIVER SWIM EVENT GUIDE
2019 SPECTATOR GUIDE
2018 RESULTS & 2018 PHOTOS
2017 RESULTS & 2017 PHOTOS
Leave or read a review of the Jubilee River Swim HERE courtesy of the number one event listings site www.racecheck.com