10km River Swim
Date(s) and Times
Sunday 6 June 2021
Start Times on the day from 09:00
Thames Valley Athletics Centre
Pococks Lane Eton, Windsor
Conveniently located 1.5 miles from Windsor town centre the racecourse is easily accessible and well signposted from junction 6 on the M4 and junction 3 on the M3. If using sat-nav please use the postcode SL4 5EZ
Entry - £90
Jubilee River Swim 2021
2021 Entry - Available soon!
ONLINE ENTRY FOR 2021 - AVAILABLE SOON!
Please note that the below information will be updated shortly to reflect the 2021 event.
We are very excited to make this event happen and are working hard with our event partners for this to be the case. However, ultimately the decision will be dictated by the government and their guidelines as of Sunday 20 September 2020 - keep those fingers crossed.
There will obviously have to be some changes to "normal" procedures for this event. At present, we are planning the following:
- Written competitor information available in advance of the event - there will be a briefing on event day itself as well
- Staggered waves/registration times of no more than 30 at a time
- Competitors to provide their own food/drink clearly labelled for each feed station which we will transport to the relevant feed stations.
- Competitors to use their own bags for their belongings they require at the finish line
- Social distancing will have to be maintained throughout the event.
- Hand sanitiser to be available at registration, feed stations and the finish line
The Jubilee River Swim was dreamt up in a pub in 2011, and has since become one of the countries favourite swims. The man made flood relief channel between Boulters Lock nr Maidenhead and Pococks Lane in Eton is free from craft and is a convenient length at 10km! There are three weirs along the rivers length that break up the swim nicely, and you'll find our feed stations here. Please note - this is a solo swim event, there is no relay option.
For 2020, swim registration and pre-event car parking will be at Thames Valley Athletic Centre
Swimmers will be transported to the swim start area, about a 15-20 minute drive away in Taplow. It's a 400m walk to the start line, where you can leave your swim bags (you receive these at swim registration on the morning), and we'll transport your kit to the finisher village which is a short stroll from the finish line.
SWIM TIME & GROUPS
We will most likely have 10 starting waves, all based upon predicted times as provided when you enter the swim. The swim groups will be starting at 09:00, 09:10, 09:20 etc up to the final wave at 10:30.
If you would like to be in the same starting wave as friends, we will do our best to accommodate this for you dependent on your predicted swim times. In order to allow the organising team to confirm event plans in good time, please do so by September 12th latest.
Please note swim cut-off time is 5 hours and 30 minutes and whilst we will do our best to accommodate swimmers who are close to this time, we reserve the right to request someone to exit the river if required.
Minimum age - 13 years as of event day.
WATER TEMPERATURE & WETSUITS
Over the previous 8 years of the Jubilee Swim we have seen temperatures range from 14.4 to 17.8 degrees. The swim isn't wetsuit compulsory, and you will select to be a wetsuit or skins swimmer within the entry form.
OTHER SWIM INFO
- We have plenty of water safety staff and medical staff with each swim group
- The swim is chip timed, with finish times live to the internet
- Transport is provided for swimmers, with an additional £5 charge to spectators as space allows. You can book these whilst entering the event or you can login to the entry portal (don't delete your entry confirmation email) and add tickets anytime whilst availability allows. SPECTATOR TICKETS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
- We suggest spectators follow the action by walking the towpath next to the swimmers.
- Feed stations will be at each weir and will have your own food/ drinks that you have brought along with you in clearly marked baskets according to your Wave. There will also be hot and cold water and flat cola available at the feed stations.
- Awesome memento to all swimmers will be posted to you shortly after the event.
- Registration on the morning will be from 07:00
- We do not offer refunds or deferrals on entries at all. Once you have entered, that is it. If you enter the swim, and are then unable to take part, you can transfer your place to somebody else, this must be done by April 30th 2020.
2019 RESULTS & 2019 PHOTOS
2019 JUBILEE RIVER SWIM - COMPETITOR INSTRUCTIONS
2019 JUBILEE RIVER SWIM EVENT GUIDE
2019 SPECTATOR GUIDE
2018 RESULTS & 2018 PHOTOS
2017 RESULTS & 2017 PHOTOS
Leave or read a review of the Jubilee River Swim HERE courtesy of the number one event listings site www.racecheck.com