9km River Swim
Date(s) and Times
Howbery Business Park
Benson Lane Wallingford
Long Reach Swim
2019 ENTRIES OPENING SOON
2018 RESULTS HERE
2018 PHOTOS HERE
2018 DRONE FOOTAGE HERE
The River Thames is an iconic landmark stretching from the Gloucestershire countryside, through the Home Counties and the City of London to open out into the Thames Estuary - we'll be using a delightful section between Wallingford & Goring. We're delighted this year to have lengthened the swim slightly, to finish at the stunning Swan at Streatley.
LONG REACH COURSE
HQ will be at Crowmarsh Recreation Ground, with all swim car parking a few hundred yards away at Howbery Business Park.
At HQ you will find event registration, toilets, showers and refreshments.
WATER TEMPERATURE & WETSUITS
We anticipate water temperatures in the region of 18-19 degrees, but this is subject to the usual variables in such a river. The swim isn't wetsuit compulsory, and you'll be asked about your swim category within the entry form. The swim will again be tow float compulsory however.
The 2018 Long Reach charity is the Thames Valley Air Ambulance. All local Air Ambulance rescue missions leave from RAF Benson, a mile from our swim start area, so it's especially relevant that we assist them this year.
OTHER USEFUL INFO
- Please note that the event organisers will not offer refunds on entry fees, and cannot defer entries either.
- We'll have plenty of water safety staff & medics with each swim group.
- The swim will be chip timed.
- Transport is provided to swimmers as part of their entry, and for spectators as space allows, for £5 each. This is provided from the finish AFTER THE SWIM back to the event car park.
- We suggest spectators follow the action on foot along the Thames Path - you will be close to the action along the swims length apart from a one mile section near Moulsford School. The Spectator Guide can be found HERE from August 10th.
- Three feed stations along the swim, serving bananas, flapjacks etc along with water, cola, hand sanitiser, foil blankets. You can have your own favourite items sent to feed stations of your choice.
- Awesome medals to all finishers, completed with an iTAB engraved with your name and finish time in the days after the swim.
Any feedback you have on the swim would be greatly appreciated of course. We would guide you to a great website from a company called Race Check to leave a review. Their website is a fantastic place to find races to take part in, and see what everyone else thinks of them as well. Leave a review on their website HERE
2017 RESULTS & 2017 PHOTOS