10km & 10 Mile Trail Run
Date(s) and Times
Monday 28 December 2020 10:00
Butlers Lands Farm
All event car parking will be at the Mereoak Park & Ride site (RG7 1PB). Mereoak Park & Ride is signed half a mile south of Junction 11 of the M4 along the A34.
10km - £27
10 Mile - £30
0118 933 2761
The legendary Gut Buster is back again for 2020
All the things you love about the Gut Buster, will be there again in 2020. The water crossings, Roman Walls, fields, footpaths, and what is sometimes the hardest last 400m in British Athletics [farmer/ crop rotation dependent]. The epic mudfest of 2017 will be talked about for years to come…what more excuse do you need to escape the family during the holiday season!
Complimentary mulled wine & mince pies (vegan friendly) available when you finish.
This year the event will have a few changes to ensure everyone’s safety and that the event is COVID-19 safe. This will include, but not limited to:
- Staggered start times with small groups of runners starting at timed intervals apart from the next group
- Faster runners will start first to reduce the likelihood of needing to overtake
- The event will be limited to fewer participants than in previous years
- No on the day entries
- Race numbers will be posted prior to the event
- We do not encourage spectators at the event
- There will be no water stations – you will need to carry your own water for the event
No, all parking is at Mereoak Park & Ride (RG7 1PB) – which is free to park at. There is a FREE shuttle bus to/from Mereoak Park & Ride to the event start, approximately a 10 minute journey.
Toilets, Baggage Area (bags left at your own risk), Massage & Catering Van
The minimum age for the 10km is 13 and 16 for the 10 mile event.
Yes, there is a 2HR CUT-OFF at the 8 mile point in the 10 mile event. If you miss the cut-off you will be directed to the finish thus completing a total run distance of c.8.5 miles.
- Your best running legs!
- A change of warm and dry clothes and trainers for after the event
- Your own drink bottle to put at the finish line – there will be LIMITED water and cups available
- A cup (not a jug!) for some mulled wine after the run
Yes, you will be able to download them for FREE after the event from FlickR with thanks to Peter Cook
Yes, but on a short lead
No – for everyone’s safety we stipulate that headphones are not allowed at this event.
Yes, we support The Brain Tumour Charity at this event.
WHAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THE GUTBUSTER?
“Definitely a race everyone should do.2 hour cut off is achievable by runners and joggers alike. Most fun I’ve
had on a trail run.”
“Absolutely loved it. Proper mudfest. Great logistics. Thanks very much for organising it!”
“This is a great event and an absolute must do between Christmas and New Year to burn off some Christmas calories. A supererb course, great fun and always muddy! Sign up ealry as it always sells out.”