10km & 10 Mile Trail Run
Date(s) and Times
Sunday 23 May 202110:00
Butlers Lands Farm
All event car parking will be at the Mereoak Park & Ride site (RG7 1PB). Mereoak Park & Ride is signed half a mile south of Junction 11 of the M4 along the A34.
10km - £27
10 Mile - £30
0118 933 2761
Gut Buster MAY 2021
NEW EVENT DATE - SUNDAY 23 MAY 2021
RACE DATE: SUNDAY 23 MAY 2021
All the things you love about the Gut Buster, will be there again in 2020 – well 2021 now! The water crossings, Roman Walls, fields, footpaths, and what is sometimes the hardest last 400m in British Athletics [farmer/ crop rotation dependent]. The epic mudfest of 2017 will be talked about for years to come…what more excuse do you need to escape the family during the holiday season – even it’s after Easter and not Christmas at all! Just a reason to escape!
This year the event will have a few changes to ensure everyone’s safety and that the event is COVID-19 safe. This will include, but not limited to:
- A rolling start process with runners pre-allocated race-pens.
- Faster runners will start first to reduce the likelihood of needing to overtake
- The event will be limited to fewer participants than in previous years
- No on the day entries
- Race numbers from the December event to be used – limited replacements available on the day.
- We do not encourage spectators at the event
- There will be one water station at 8km/ 7 miles so you may wish to bring along your own additional refreshment to supplement this.
No, all parking is at Mereoak Park & Ride (RG7 1PB) – which is free to park at. There is a FREE shuttle bus to/from Mereoak Park & Ride to the event start, approximately a 10 minute journey.
Toilets, Baggage Area (bags left at your own risk), Massage & Catering Van
The minimum age for the 10km is 13 and 16 for the 10 mile event.
Yes, there is a 2HR CUT-OFF at the 8 mile point in the 10 mile event. If you miss the cut-off you will be directed to the finish thus completing a total run distance of c.8.5 miles.
- Your best running legs!
- A change of warm and dry clothes and trainers for after the event
- Your own drink bottle to put at the finish line – there will be LIMITED water and cups available
- A cup (not a jug!) for some mulled wine after the run
Yes, you will be able to download them for FREE after the event from FlickR with thanks to Peter Cook
Yes, but on a short lead. Also, please note – you will not be eligible for any podium prizes, but we will give the dog a bone!
No – for everyone’s safety we stipulate that headphones are not allowed at this event.
Yes, we support The Brain Tumour Charity at this event.
Entry fees are non-refundable, should the event not be able to be staged the event will be held virtually.
WHAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THE GUTBUSTER?
“Definitely a race everyone should do.2 hour cut off is achievable by runners and joggers alike. Most fun I’ve
had on a trail run.”
“Absolutely loved it. Proper mudfest. Great logistics. Thanks very much for organising it!”
“This is a great event and an absolute must do between Christmas and New Year to burn off some Christmas calories. A supererb course, great fun and always muddy! Sign up ealry as it always sells out.”