Devils Duathlon postponed until 9th October

Filed under: Uncategorised — mst @ 3:09pm

Dear Devil’s Duathlon Competitor

The Race Organising Team has this week undertaken a thorough safety assessment of the Devil’s Duathlon courses. Following a detailed inspection, regretfully the decision has been taken to postpone the Devil’s Duathlon until Sunday 9 October 2011.

Our decision has been taken due to the condition of the road surface throughout the bike course. The prolonged sub-zero temperatures this winter have resulted in the appearance of a number of new cracks and pot-holes. We consider that the risk of cycling at racing speed on the course is now too great to allow the Duathlon to take place in February. The safety of our competitors must always be our number one priority and therefore, unfortunately, we have been left with no alternative.

The Devil’s Duathlon has therefore been rescheduled for Sunday 9 October 2011 and we hope that you will be able to join us for what we hope will be a superb event on a beautiful, historic and safe course.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the postponement of the Duathlon. We wish you all the best for your training and racing in 2011 and we hope to see you for a great race in October!!

No Comments»

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a comment


Blog Navigation

Lake Temperature
Reading: 19.5°C | 67.1°F